Friday, August 21, 2009

God Blesses Our Garden


Assalm alykom:

This was our first family experience with a garden. I think it was a blessed one too! We planted tomatoes, peppers, herbs, pumpkins, watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers and zucchini. We also planted Jews Mellows. In Arabic this is called Moolookheya. It is a green leafy plant that I can only describe it similar to spinach. You stew it with chicken or lamb. It is not ready to be picked yet. I am hoping that it is really good. A garden is a great hobby for a family. I recommend it for any family. It is great exercise also. When I would go pull weed each evening, I used muscles that I did not know I even had. After all the work, it is so rewarding to go and pick all the goodies. It is even better to cook all the good things up and eat them!
































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mashaAllah, beautiful!

Mama Goose said...

Wow. that really is so beautiful. I long to have a 'real' garden and some open space. The rolling green hills in the background are just amazing. What a gift the earth is!